Tamanu Oil (TAW-man-oo) comes from, what else but, the Tamanu Tree which grows in various countries in Southeast Asia. A fruit grows on the tree which contains the nut which is used to create this oil. It has been used for years for various skin issues like cuts, burns, insect bites, scars, and more. The Polynesian women used it to create beautiful, youthful complexations. While they might not have known why it is because Tamanu Oil does the following.
- Anti-neuralgic - Brings relief from neuralgic which stems from pain along a nerve
- Anti-inflammatory - Fights inflammation
- Anti-microbial - Prevents the growth of bacteria, fungus, viruses, algae, and other microorganisms
- Antibiotic - Same as Anti-microbial
- Antioxidant - Protects the skin from free radicals and oxidation caused by the environment
Tamanu Oil is known for its ability to regenerate new tissue which leads to the growth of healthy skin. It has been used for healthy, blemish free skin along with the prevention of diaper rash.
Lipids are important for hydrating the skin. As we mature our skin loses its elasticity due to lack of moisture in the skin. There are various lipids contained within Tamanu Oil which aid in re-hydrating the skin witch leads to smoother, toner, and firmer skin.
Known to Aid in the Following Skin Issues
- Damaged skin
- Stretch marks
- Dry skin
- Ring worm
- Chapped lips
- Skin regeneration
- Anti aging
Tamanu Oil is also known for its UV protection and has an SPF of 20.
If you found this information helpful spread the love and share, share, share.